Wednesday, August 6, 2008

And school hasn't even started yet.

I received this e-mail from a student yesterday:

"Hi. Im in your Psychology class fo this upcoming schoolyear and I need to know the books I need to buy for your class. Can you please e-mail me back with this information?"

First, find the apostrophe on your cell phone.

Second, um, every student needs to know the books he/she needs for the upcoming semester. There's this fancy thing called a 'bookstore' on campus just for that.

Third, I teach four psychology classes next semester. "Your psychology class" is not helpful.

I do not predict a successful semester for this student. I'll try to remember at the end of the semester to post this student's grade.

3 comments:

Scott said...

I love that this person is willing to put the effort in to find your email address and send an email, but isn't willing to look for the book information on their own. Sad.

Dr. F said...

I want to know if "fo" is a typo or an accurate representation of how that student thinks the word is spelled.

Scott said...

I'd guess typo since it wasn't followed by "sho".