Thursday, August 7, 2008

More pre-semester e-mail.

I just received another e-mail from a student:

"I will be in your class this fall.? If you could, I wouldlike to find out the ISBN of the book I need to purchase.? Thank you so much."

Once again, don't you love how they assume I can read their minds about which class they'll be taking... as if I only teach one class or I readily know the names of the students in each class three weeks before any of my classes have met.

What I also like about this e-mail is the request for me to do her work. GO TO THE BOOKSTORE. (And that's essentially what I told her.)

1 comment:

Scott said...

I hope these students think that you not willing to tell them the books they need is some sort of psychological test that you're performing. They'll be at the bookstore looking around nervously expecting you to be there watching them ask for help.